Quantcast

Saturday, February 23, 2008

John Griffin Trimble: Thank You



Bjo Trimble left this comment on JerichoMonster's interview with her and I want to share it.

"Dear people: In my interview, I erred greatly in not including John Griffin Trimble as my full partner in getting the Save Star Trek campaign off the ground! We had 2 small children so it would have been impossible for me to do anything much without John's help. He has always been at my side in every crazy venture I've dragged people into. But the news media of the 60s wanted to focus on The Little Woman making waves, so they ignored John. This has always annoyed me because he deserves far more attention from Trekdom than fans know. This year will be our 48th wedding anniversary. -- Bjo Trimble

+++++++++++++++++++
To John Griffin Trimble:

Thank you for all your work in helping Bjo save Star Trek. It is an honor to recognize you here today. You are obviously a fine man and I applaud almost 48 years of marriage. I will not ask about Bjo's other "crazy" ventures. ( Unless you'd like to tell us. Ha.)

+++++++++++++++++++

"Trimble received the Big Heart Award in 1964, and (in her persona of Flavia Beatrice Carmigniani) the Society for Creative Anachronism's Order of the Laurel, an art award. Bjo and John are also both members of the SCA's Order of the Pelican for service. She also received the International Costumers Guild's Lifetime Achievement award. Trimble was Guest of Honor at 1995's DragonCon, the 6th North American Science Fiction Convention, as well as at many other science fiction and Star Trek conventions around the world. Bjo and John Trimble were the Fan Guests of Honor at the 60th Worldcon, ConJosé.

The Trimbles, who own and operate the business Griffin Dyeworks & Fiber Arts, live in Southern California."

No comments: