Quantcast

Monday, February 25, 2008

Remembrance



This post has been on my mind so I'll share with you all.


"I do not believe that the men who served in uniform in Vietnam have been given the credit they deserve. It was a difficult war against an unorthodox enemy." William Westmoreland
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Who doesn't remember where they were when JFK was killed? I remember that day well because it was a moment in time that forever burned itself inside my memory. It's not only because JFK was assassinated but because of who I was with at the time.

I was in school sitting behind my friend Reggie. When the principal announced that JFK had died Reggie turned around and we started chattering. Reggie lives in my memory forever as that young boy who turned to look at me with eyes of astonishment and disbelief.

We did not know and could not have known that the day would come when Reggie's plane was shot down and he was killed in Vietnam. This post is for you, my friend. You will never be forgotten.



" Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins announced this week that documents related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy were found in a little-known vault in his office. He said his intention was to release them to the public. The documents were compiled by Henry Wade, the district attorney at the time of the assassination. Mr. Wade and his successors never made them public.

The contents include transcripts, personal and official letters, newspaper clippings, lists of jurors, police reports, rap sheets, autopsy reports, trial notes, police notebooks, photographs and much more.

The documents appear here exactly as they were received by The News . They are neither cataloged nor indexed, and they are in no apparent order.

Given the volume, we haven't been able to review most of the files. That's why were calling on you. Here's your chance to review never-seen-before materials related to the JFK assassination."

No comments: