Quantcast

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Our Tribute To Openminded1: Class Act




Margie: I have hot gossip Edna. I heard something about an Openminded1 whose name is really Mary. Do you know her? Who is she?

Edna: As usual Margie, you're in the dark about some gossip and you need me to help you get your facts straight. Of course I know who openminded1 is, she's that lovely girl who started Radio Free Jericho. You should know, you spend every minute you can there. I still don't know how you got that Mr. Hawkins to lend you his laptop, though.

Margie: That laptop is none of your business! Of course I know Mary you old fool. I just wanted to know if you did. Did you know this laptop lets me pick up that new radio station that Mary made for us? I love Jericho music. What did Mary do for you?


Edna: I'll tell you what Mary did for me, she gave me a safe haven from you and your incessant talking! Whenever I want to get the latest news on Jericho (from people who don't just make it up, unlike some sisters who shall go nameless), I just go to Radio Free Jericho and spend some time catching up on all kinds of interesting things.

You know, I've heard you listening to that radio station when you told me you were going to sleep, you big fat liar.



Margie and Edna will probably never agree on much but they do agree that Openminded1 is a true friend, Jericho lover, and all-around fantastic person. She has made RFJ a place where everyone can find a safe haven, some peace, and
and have a little fun at the same time.


Here's our tribute to you, Mary:


Openminded1 and the team at Radio Free Jericho (RFJ) have built a gem of a fan forum. She realized early on during the campaign to Save Jericho that it was difficult to effectively plan and execute a descrete initiative on the CBS messageboard and that the mass board didn't always completely embrace differing opinions. So she created what she has often affectionately called the "island of misfit toys". I'm happy to occasionally be one of those toys too.

During the campaign to save the show I knew I could always come to RFJ for quick decisive action by its members and for the great and ideas they generated. They are some of the most proactive people in the Jericho fandom. What is most impressive, that while they plan activities off the CBS board where they are afforded a bit more organization, they have never lost sight of the importance of keeping traffic at the CBS board and daily transfer their ideas and initiatives over there and participate in the various boards there to the fullest.

In the end, I am proud to know and work with Open and the members of RFJ. You keep the fun in Jericho. Keep it up. Always eager to see what you all are up to.

RFJ Rocks.

- schumi


kmac:
Well, I have always been very intimidated by forums, I would go and lurk, but never posted. The first time I posted anything anywhere was at CBS. I don't need to tell you how THAT went!!! I saw a thread talking about RFJ, so I came here to check it out. I have never felt more welcomed, or more comfortable sharing an opinion or idea. Open does a GREAT job with this site. She is a mom, a wife, has MANY RL demands to keep her busy, yet she always takes time to be here for us. Supporting us in whatever we do, be it a Jericho project, or a personal issue. I am so blessed to have found this place and everyone here.


Briarpatch:

In the early days of the Save Jericho Campaign, I was trudging through the CBS message board trying to find some order in the madness. I knew there must be something even poor little me, down in Mississippi, could be doing to help with this. But I was just at a loss to discover where the organized information could be found. Then I read a couple of posts that mentioned something called Radio Free Jericho. I had no idea whatever about what this could be, but free speech figured prominently in the messages. Since there was a link, I clicked on it, and I have never turned back. At RFJ, Open had made this truly organized file cabinet of all the stuff I needed to know. I could easily navigate inside that message board and find just what I was looking for. I also found some people who had a similar need for order among chaos, and they have become my friends, in a very short time. Open made this possible by ponying up the money, time and effort to establish this message board. I thank her for that and for being a good friend to me since that time.

Xwarp:
rfj....what does it mean to me.....r...e....s....p.....

haha.....

rfj is a group of people that speak their minds. they are open to criticism and accept criticism. all the members here have class. i am fortunate to call them my friends. they are funny and real.

mary....well....mary is great, i am glad that she started this place!

i have no idea of what else to say as everything i can think of is positive, but hard to put in words. i can only say that the world is a better place because of this group!




ka4ist:

My thoughts and feeling about Openminded1 and RFJ are many and varied, all overwhelmingly good and positive. The creation of RFJ has offered a safe haven and a home for many many fans disgusted with the insanity that takes place on the main CBS board.

In the safe haven that Open and RFJ provides, I have seen amazing demonstrations of talent and ability, hilarious banter back and forth, and extremely heartwarming acts of charity and goodwill. All these things and much more all in the name of enhancing the enjoyment for the fans.

More importantly, RFJ has emerged as a strong voice in the areas of ensuring that all fans have accurate information and are afforded the opportunity to see an issue from all sides and base their judgements accordingly. I am extremely proud to be associated with such talented, witty, intelligent, and doggedly perseverant people as are found at RFJ.



kestral:

This should be so easy because Open and RFJ both mean the world to me. However, to actually find the words to put down what is in my heart is almost impossible. I was in a bad place as far as Jericho goes when I came to RFJ. Open and the members here lifted me up and carried me until I had the strength to stand on my own again. Anytime I have needed help, someone to talk to, or just a laugh, Open is there. She cares about each one of us outside of Jericho. She takes the time to really know us. Through the many difficult times, it would have been easy to throw in the towel and walk away. But Open never did. She stuck with RFJ and she stood by all of us. The end result is RFJ. Not just the board, but the family. I can't imagine not having RFJ in my daily life. I am so thankful for the friendships I have made here and the amazing people who make up the RFJ family. I am eternally grateful for all Open has done and continues to do for RFJ and each member here. She may never know the impact her kind words and dedication have had on the lives of others. I am but one of those who will never forget her. Open, you mean the world to me. I thank God daily for you and for all of my friends at RFJ. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I think the only thing left to say is: OPEN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!



maybei:

What does RFJ mean to me? RFJ has been a safe haven for me - a place where I can relax and be myself. A place where I can have a good time with friends and where if I need a friend, one is always found. The people here at RFJ will never know just how much they all mean to me.

I want to thank Openminded for providing this place for all of us. She is a wonderful person who takes the time to listen when you need to talk or vent. And she is also a good enough friend to tell you when you are off base - and always in a nice way. (and to help you get back on track) Open is the kind of person you can have a lot of fun with and has a great sense of humor. She is also a great leader here at RFJ - so dedicated to helping Jericho and helping the fans. I am proud to to work with with her at RFJ - and proud to have her as my friend!!!

RFJ and Openminded ROCK!!!


Lisibee:

I didn’t know openminded1 when the Save Jericho campaign started. I didn’t know anyone on the boards, I was a newcomer to the online fandom at that point, and only became active on the CBS board because I was so upset about the cancellation. There were so many other upset fans at that time on the board, which was both a good and a bad thing. Good, because our outrage had numbers. Bad, because many good ideas to save the show quickly fell through the cracks, due to the huge amount of traffic. (I know many of you remember the days when a post would fall off the front page within minutes, rarely to be seen again.) We could not afford to let any idea go un-noticed at that point, and openminded1 saw the need for a “virtual filing cabinet”, so that all ideas had a safe place to live until someone could come along and breathe life into it. And so, Radio Free Jericho was born. I saw her and a few other posters talking on the CBS board about RFJ as a place to get organized, and I checked it out. What I found were a handful of people working hard to organize the chaos. This was something that appealed to my anal-retentive little soul, and so I jumped right in--I’m glad I did.

It's been several months now, and not only has RFJ continued to be an awesome filing cabinet for promotional ideas, but it has developed into a supportive, creative, and fun community. The people here not only work hard to promote “Jericho”, but they want to have fun doing it! Openminded1 has created a place where both hard work and sheer enjoyment are nurtured and encouraged, and I love her for it. She is also a staunch defender of her friends, which is a rare quality these days. She and I have never met face-to-face, but I am truly honored to call her my friend.





Terocious:

Openminded1 has a belt driven Jericho idea machine in her head. A small door opens up next to her ear and out pop golden egg ideas. They roll down the conveyer belt that runs straight through the center of RFJ and we all stand by and watch in awe as they keep coming. Open is really great at not holding your screw ups against you. She helped to open my mind to boards beyond CBS. In a community she set in motion people from many walks of life love to congregate and call home. Openminded1 is bonafide, down to earth Jericho Genius.



Pamsabby:

Openminded is exactly that- open to new ideas, new ways of promoting Jericho, and open to suggestions. She has a sharp mind, quick wit, and is a true friend when you need one. She will keep a confidence and can be trusted. She is also a staunch defender of RFJ and its' members. She truly is a genius and I am honored to know her. Love you Mary.


http://www.radiofreejericho.com/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.live365.com/stations/radiofreejericho



6 comments:

LisiBee said...

We love you, Mary!

maybei said...

I am so proud to call you my friend. Thank you, for everything!

kystorms said...

I would like to add my congrats to this post, Open is running a great forum, with loads of great stuff to do, and awesome people to meet there!!!
Great post Jane, as always

:-)

Anonymous said...

Mary,

In the words of your hero Lennie... You my dear are DA BOMB.

-schumi

(and Jane - another great blog entry)

Unknown said...

Hit me totally out of left field and I am sitting here crying. There are really no words to describe how completely humbled I am by this.

I love you all. To think that the little message board I started to help us help our show has grown into what it is today....

YOU ALL deserve the credit for that.

Thank you all - for sticking with me in good times and bad. For celebrating with me and for being there when I needed a good scream.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!

Sweet Tea said...

Surprise Open!!!!!!!! Thanks to all for keeping my little secret. Sorry Open. We usually tell you everything.

Thank you all for your comments.

I love you, Mary!!