Quantcast

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Monster Fan Interview: Ahma


I am very proud to turn the spotlight on ahma(Jackie) today. She is a hard worker for Jericho, a team player, and a genuinely sweet person. Her involvement in the DVD's for Troops is only one example of how hard she works. It's an honor to work on Jericho with you Jackie.


1. What attracted you to Jericho?

The first commercial I saw before the season ever started "Had me from Hello". I guess being one of the "duck and cover" generation it was just natural that the commercial would grab me the way it did.


2. What reason would you give new viewers as to why they should watch Jericho?

There are so many reasons I think new people should watch Jericho. For one reason, it's just really good. Great writing, the story line is just amazing, it keeps me absolutely nailed to my chair every week. Great acting, I find myself getting caught up in every plot and character. It's a great show to share with your friends and family, everyone can find something interesting about Jericho, it has so many different stories within the story. It has action, drama, suspense,comedy, romance. You can go through the whole gamut of emotions in one show! One minute your laughing, the next your on the edge of your seat, and there is always something to get a softie like me crying. Jericho has fans from 9 to 99.


3. How did the idea for DVD's for Troops become reality?

The DVD's for troops was an idea that DVRaddict brought up as one of the ways to support our troops, which is one of the main charity's we try to support at NutsForJericho. It had been an idea that had been floating around for a while and she was asking for volunteers to see if we could get something going. As soon as I saw her post I couldn't wait to get started, my husband did two tours in Vietnam, my brother was in the first Gulf War, and my cousin just got home from Iraq, and my brother is in Afghanistan training police officers right now. Of course, I couldn't have ever gotten anywhere without tons of help from everyone at NFJ, sending me off in the right directions! Once we had a decent start, Rubberpoulty, designed our graphic for us,(thank you again RP) and Hawksdomain set up the paypal account and did all the posting and linking for us.( I admit, I am nearly computer illiterate.haha)


4. What do you hope to accomplish with the campaign?

We would like to accomplish several different things with the DVD's for the troops. Of course, first and foremost, we feel it is a great way to let our troops know that we are thinking of them, that we appreciate what they are doing for us. Secondly, we think its a pretty good way to increase the fan base for the show, and help the sales of the DVD's. It's been stressed so many times how important this is to help guarantee season 3.


5. How can we all donate?

You can donate from the CBS site by clicking on the graphic RP made for us in the DVD's for the troops thread here. Or you can go directly to the NFJ site and donate there. The way Hawksdomain set it up is so fantastic, you can just give whatever you can afford, you don't have to purchase a whole season 1 DVD on your own, just like during the NUTS campaign when we could pool our funds. So every dollar counts, think of what we could do if all the fans from all the boards just donated a dollar!


6. JERICHO FANS ROCK!

7. Comments?

Just that I am so grateful, to everyone that has helped us with the DVD for the Troops project. RubberPoultry for his graphic, and everyone that has donated, bumped, cheered us along, and kept me out of trouble. (who says ignorance is bliss)


6 comments:

terocious said...

This is great! Jericho fans are all my hero. Thank you for your service, Ahma, to Jericho and to the bigger picture.

erika said...

I love this idea so much, and anything that serves two purposes instead of just one is always awesome. Another nice interview.

Sweet Tea said...

Thank you both for commenting. Isn't it amazing what Jericho fans have come up with in the way of projects? This is a creative group!

Hawksdomain said...

Brilliantly said, Jackie!! :)

HUGS!

maybei said...

Many thanks Ahama for all that you have done!! The DVD's for the troops is such a wonderful idea. I love hearing from the NOL folks too - neat bunch of people.

Great interview!!

Skeeterbit said...

Wonderful interview with one of the biggest and brightest stars in the Jericho fandom. Ahma has such a big heart and such a warm personality. If CBS knew her personally, there is no way they would consider cancelling this show and upsetting her. Seriously. I'm not being facetious.

Sending hugs out to my fellow table!