Quantcast

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jericho: Who's Watching The Fort ?



Yes, New Year is past but Terocious did such an outstanding blog post that I want to share it.

"Happy New Year Jericho Fans

I have to admit that I was already a little tipsy when I got to Jeritopia at about quarter till twelve on New Years Eve. My intent was to remain fairly quiet and enjoy the company but I got a phone call from an old friend so I had to settle for glancing occasionally at the screen and watching the names and comments of my Jericho cohorts scrolling along. For months now we have watched each other come and go. We drop hints about “real life” as we attend to our daily business of living but we have all been elsewhere and wondered: “What is going on right now? Who is watching the fort? What will I find when I get back?” Sound serious? I think you could say that many of us would never have believed just how serious our fandom could become."




" A few weeks ago, HD Net ran an 8 episode “Jericho” marathon and this time I did set my DVR to record it. After watching the pilot episode, my wife and I were hooked. We wound up running through all 8 episodes fairly quickly and then waited for HD Net to run some more. When we didn’t see any on the horizon, we went out and bought the Season 1 DVD the other night and have now made it through another 6 episodes.

After being cancelled at the end of Season 1, a massive fan effort revived the show and a shortened second season will begin on February 12. This time, my DVR is ready. Yours should be, too. “Jericho” is one of the smartest written, best acted shows on TV. Plus with the writers strike continuing, new episodes of quality shows will be few and far between."

No comments: