Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Margie Without Edna
Hi everybody! Margie here. It's New Year's Day and I'm here alone. My sister, Edna, has deserted me. Yes, she doesn't care about me. She didn't even tell me where she was going!
It's a good thing I have all of you. Well, Mr. Hawkins did stop by with some good news. He says we may have our power back soon. That sweet wife of his sent me some cookies too.
Thinking back on 2007 has made me think of the new year ahead so I wanted to send out some wishes for 2008. Keep in mind that I never make resolutions. I don't resolve to do anything;I just do it.
Here are my wishes:
1. Edna, stay wherever you are and don't come back.
2. Stanley and Mimi: I wish you a big wedding. Invite me.
3. I wish that all of you will have the opportunity to visit Jericho in 2008. Come see my nice basement. Ladies, come for tea.
4. I wish much continued success for my friend, Amy Vernon. She's too nice to tell the truth about Edna so she writes about TV shows instead.
5. Mr. Rich Becker: I hope you get to visit my home in 2008. You seem to be a very nice man.
6. To Ms. Briarpatch: I wish you luck finding that towel you wanted.
7. For all Jericho fans all over the world: I wish you all the Nuts you can hold.
8. I would also like to wish a very happy, successful year to the person who made all this possible: Nina Tassler.
9. Cousin T.: I hope you strike it rich so you can retire. By the way, can you come look at my porch? It sags.
10. Happy New Year to all of you and your families and friends and pets. I had a dog once but she looked at Edna and ran off.
Happy New Year!!!