Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Jericho: The Finale
No television show has ever impacted me the way Jericho has. Therefore, on this Finale night, I'd like to list the top 10 things Jericho has done for me:
1) Jericho has brought people into my life that I probably wouldn't have met otherwise.Some of these friends will remain long after Jericho is gone. You all know who you are and how grateful I am for all you've done for me (and Boo).
2) Jericho has taught me that the networks do not value me. I don't have a Nielsen box so they refuse to count me although they want me to buy from their sponsors.
3) Jericho has taught me about community. I've learned that a passionate group of people really can join together and change things.
4) Jericho has shown me that there are wingnuts in every campaign. Wingnuts work towards their own glory and crave recognition. The big picture, to them, is always one of themselves.
5) I've learned that every idea and opinion deserves consideration. No one idea or person is more important than another.
6) Jericho has taught me that WHO you know is not as important as what you do.
7) Jericho has taught me that CBS plays dirty pool. They are not the network that cares about their audience; they care about our money.
8) Jericho has shown me that Nielsen ratings are horribly wrong and that multi-platform viewers need to be counted.
9) Jericho has taught me that perseverance and strength can be found in the weakest moments.
10) Finally, Jericho has taught me that the world is still full of good people.
" Love knows no limit to its endurance,no end to its trust,no fading of hope,it can outlast anything.
Love still stands when all else has fallen."
I love Jericho and my Jericho family. Some things can never be canceled.